Welcome to Artful Moments: Shared Learning Module 1: Dementia & Museums. Here we will set the groundwork for what Artful Moments is all about and the special role that museums and galleries can play in the lives of people living with dementia.
The goal of this Module is for you to understand the Artful Moments philosophy and the impact that the program can have for participants. You will also learn how to use this curriculum to support your own program development.
By the end of Module 1, you will be able to:
- Describe the key ideas of the Artful Moments philosophy
- Define stigma as related to dementia and describe how Artful Moments can combat it.
- Describe why museum programs are a great way to support people living with dementia, along with their families and friends.
- Describe the ‘Model for Successful Engagement’ and how this framework guides program development
- Create a personal learning plan to guide your use of this program
Click “Start Module” below to begin.
Workbook / Cahier D’exercices
Module 1: References
AGH Survey Report: Museum Programs for People living with Dementia 2021
Government of Canada Report: Dementia In Canada 2016
Alzheimer Society Report: Awareness Survey 2017
Hamilton Council on Aging Report: What We Heard 2021
Report: Canadian Index of Wellbeing 2016